GUNPOWDER & SKY’S DUST CELEBRATES 5 YEARS OF SCI-FI EXCELLENCE WITH A JAM-PACKED MONTH OF BRAND EXPANSIONS, NEW CONTENT, EVENTS AND SPECIAL PROMOTIONS
DUST Takes Premium App Worldwide And Adds Fantasy Content To DUST Programming
LOS ANGELES, CA – July 16, 2021 — Gunpowder & Sky’s sci-fi brand DUST, the first premium sci-fi entertainment label and channel that reaches fans across all platforms, is celebrating its five-year anniversary with a jam-packed month filled with new content, events and special promotions designed to excite sci-fi fans everywhere. As the go-to destination for thought-provoking science fiction, DUST has also announced several major brand expansions including making its premium app available in all English-speaking territories across the globe and adding fantasy content to its existing programming.
It’s a sci-fi celebration! This month, DUST is rolling out the following brand expansions, activations and more:
- The DUST app goes global – The DUST premium app, currently available on web, iOS, Android, Roku, FireTV, and AppleTV (with more to come!), is expanding its reach globally to all English speaking territories with hundreds of hours of exciting, sci-fi content.
- DUST Fantasy – The DUST brand, known for curating the best thought-provoking science fiction short films, is adding fantasy content to its existing programming, with new fantasy shorts premiering every Friday on DUST YouTube and Facebook.
- New short film schedule – In response to its passionate audience engagement on both YouTube and Facebook, DUST is changing its programming schedule to from 2 new releases to 3, with new releases now going out every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- The DUST app is ad-free for the whole month of July – In honor of the global launch and to say a big thanks to fans, the DUST app is totally free for the month of July. No ads or sign ups required! This month, the sci-fi classic Star Trek: Nemesis is featured totally ad free.
- Limited edition DUST merchandise – For the month of July, DUST is selling limited edition merchandise on the DUST store and offering customers a 15% discount with the code “5YA”
Since its launch in 2016, DUST has curated and released hundreds of films – from more than 500 diverse filmmakers across 46 countries – that are available on more than 40 distribution platforms. The company has quickly become the go-to destination for thought-provoking science fiction, engaging with audiences across all platforms including the DUST OTT channel, the DUST premium app, all social platforms and its premium audio studio, which has already released three chart-topping seasons of the acclaimed “DUST” podcast series, with “CHRYSALIS”, season three starring and executive produced by Emmy-award nominated Corey Hawkins (Straight Outta Compton, 6 Underground, “Macbeth”) and co-starring Academy-award nominated Toni Collette (“United States of Tara), claiming the #1 global fiction spot.From timeless classics to cutting-edge movies, series, short films, and podcasts, DUST acquires, produces and distributes an array of content and has grown a voracious community of over 35 million sci-fi fans worldwide.
The brand has worked with emerging talent and sci-fi legends alike, including; Werner and Rudolph Herzog on Last Exit: Space (with Discovery+), Tom Lowe on AWAKEN, executive produced by Terrence Malick and Godfrey Reggio and narrated by Liv Tyler,David O’Leary and Tan Ce Ding on The Masseuse (with Miramax), Zach Stentz on “Moreau”, John Davis, Derek Kolstad and Jude Chun on The Time Agent (with Black Label Media), Edward Ricourt on “Meshed” (with Balboa Productions, helmed by Sylvester Stallone and Braden Aftergood) and Zeek Earl, Chris Caldwell, Pedro Pascal and Jay Duplass on Prospect, Zach Strauss on Bad Peter (with Escape Artists), and Matt Harlock on Deep Clean (with Ghost House Pictures).
ABOUT GUNPOWDER & SKY
Gunpowder & Sky is a fast-growing indie studio known for larger-than-life stories about groundbreaking music and musicians, pop culture, issues and personalities that are overtaking the world. The studio creates and distributes feature films, series, short form content, podcasts and channels, bridging digital and traditional entertainment.
Since its inception in 2016, Gunpowder & Sky has released more than 40 feature films and series, more than 1000 short films in theatres, on TVOD and on leading services such as HBO, Netflix, MTV, Hulu, Sky, Showtime, Spotify, Amazon, YouTube, Audible and Discovery and has premiered numerous podcast series.
With a collective audience of more than 50M+ engaged viewers monthly, Gunpowder & Sky also owns and operates content brands that include DUST, the number one free sci-fi channel; ALTER, a leading horror brand, and CUT, an unscripted & comedy brand. These D2C brands and FAST channels function as global IP and talent incubators fostering emerging, diverse and underrepresented voices.
With offices in Los Angeles and New York, Gunpowder & Sky was founded by Van Toffler and Floris Bauer.